After the Marriage Adventures retreat, Josh and I were encouraged to go on a date to put into practice some of the communication and romance tips we had gleaned from the conference. We opted to go out for unlimited Japanese food at Osaka Sushi!
- I asked to have my pickled salad over rice, and the little Asian waitress literally raised her eyebrow at me and said “Really? Over rice?” I wanted to be all like, “Well, you guys are the ones who pickle your salads . . . and squid . . . and probably cats and stuff!”
- My mom keeps trying to give me her old clothes. I hate to tell her this . . . but I’m not quite that old yet . . .
- Okay, so the polka-dot shirt I’m wearing in the above pics used to be hers, and I’ve worn it three times this week . . . but that’s the only thing!
- Except for a nice tan polka-dot skirt . . . but that’s it . . .
- The table across from us was full of kids who seemed to be from Japan. They kept ordering their “favorite” foods . . . like bright orange fish eggs.
- I tried the bright orange fish eggs.
- At Marriage Adventures, the oldest and most . . . ahem . . . experienced couple there were also the most recently wed. So much sex talk, lol . . .
- This picture that Josh loves:
- I have literally been trying to figure out what the above fluorescent green substance was ever since tasting (and loving) it at an international business dinner at Messiah in 2010. Thanks to Osaka Sushi, I have found you, seaweed salad! So good!
- Sushi. Just sushi. All sushi.
- The only flavors of ice cream Osaka has for dessert are vanilla, chocolate, red bean, and green tea. The two weird ones are absolutely to die for.
- One of the kids at the table across from us hid some bright green wasabi in his friend’s green tea ice cream while the guy was in the bathroom. It was hilarious.
- I love dating my best friend 🙂
- Oh, hey! I’m married to my best friend!