|Still image from a summer shoot with PUSH|
Okay, so I’ve been fairly vocal on here about the fact that I’m pretty overwhelmed what with all of my classes, my internship, work, Muse, being married, being a sane person, being an at least somewhat nice person, and the like.
Basically I’ve hopped over to Nine to Phive long enough to complain about everything that’s going wrong, all the while being a bit hazy on everything that’s going right.
One of these such things is my simply fabulous internship at the local film studio Envision Productions. Paul, my supervisor, has taken me on all sorts of adventures with him, one of which involves filming a documentary about PUSH Physical Theatre. More on them later, but for now, suffice it to say that I am loving my job. Any day that I get to spend watching them work makes my own work seem worthwhile–and not nearly as exhausting as it could be. These guys work up sweat!
However awesome this crew may be, whenever there’s a lot of sweat, there’s a chance for a lot of awkward . . .
- I get to work with these people . . . GAAAAAHHH . . . NOT . . . WORTHY . . .
- I don’t vaccuum. Ever.
- My hair keeps falling out.
- The previous two items added together means little red dust bunnies strewn around the living room carpet.
- Professor No. 1: Read the next four chapters of the book by Thursday. Professor No. 2: Read the last three chapters of the book by Thursday. Oh, and also these two chapters of this other book I forgot to tell you to buy. Me: AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
- Making bacon-raisin empanadas this weekend. Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
- That stupid Roll-Up-the-Rim-to-Win business on Tim Horton’s coffee cups. I have to use my teeth every time.
- Even though I “made up my mind” to pursue a degree in communication and an internship in film, I still get to spend time in the theatre. You don’t know how good that feels 🙂
- Being in the bathroom and overhearing my supervisor talking about me: “She’s great. She knows what she’s doing. She knows how to shoot, how to edit, how to light . . . It’s great.” *Blush*
- Hosting our first Couchsurfer!
- The rim-rolling paid off! We won two free drinks. The cup says free coffee or latte, but they actually let you get any drink any size.
- Theatre dates with my love ❤ Can’t wait to see The Whipping Man in a few weeks.