|Neme, Kristen, and Kaci (Kacita)|
Yesterday I photographed the intimate wedding of two very dear friends surrounded by their family in a candlelit living room in the Finger Lakes--a wedding that I’ve known about since last weekend, lol. I guess it’s a long story.
Kristen studied abroad with Josh and I in Spain and met Nemesio while there. She already had a boyfriend at the time, and he was sure that he would never fall in love. He was wrong. After months of wooing the beautiful girl that had come into his life, Neme and Kristen became a couple–unfortunately just in time for Kristen to return to the United States.
In a move that surprised even those of us who knew him well, Neme made a trip to the US this fall on a tourist visa. While here, the two fell even more in love and decided that they wanted to be together forever. They couldn’t let Neme’s soon-to-expire visa keep them apart. Neme gave up everything that he knew and asked Kristen to marry him–which she did yesterday, the day that his visa expired 🙂
How awesomely awkward can you get?
- US immigration laws. Not sure where I stand on those after having an experience with them that was so close to my heart.
- Trying to take artistic photos in the dark with a flash. It’s a losing battle.
- Josh couldn’t come because he was a) taking the Spanish lit final exam that Kristen missed to get married and b) studying for the GRE he has to take this Saturday.
- Driving an hour and a half to watch my friends get married instead of studying for my two hardest finals.
- Said finals. Two essay exams back-to-back. I think I have carpal tunnel.
Equally Awkward and Awesome:
- Kristen’s wedding was officiated by her high school driver’s ed teacher and interpreted by her high school Spanish teacher! So sweet and funny 🙂
- Their wedding date is 12-12-12!
- Such a small and intimate wedding. It was absolutely beautiful.
- Finally seeing these two start a life together. I’ve been waiting for this for months 🙂
- Ferrero rochet cheesecake for a wedding cake.
- Being done with final exams.
- Getting to see The Hobbit soon!
- The brand new Garcia family–Neme, Kristen, and little Kaci the yorkie-poo.