Despite the fact that there are some definite perks to being single, Valentine’s Day is often a reminder that you haven’t yet found that person who will make all of the waiting worthwhile. On this day that celebrates love, why not get closer to any and all loves in your life with some of these fun activities.
NOTE: Even more fun with other single friends!
1) Jam out to this playlist! You won’t find any love songs that will make you mope about what you think you’re missing or any songs about how badly “Love Stinks” and that Valentine’s Day is a joke. We’re talking about ways to spend the holiday aware of how loved and how worth waiting for you are.
Playlists work best when enjoyed on Youtube.
- “Single Ladies” by Beyonce (duh)
- “Ridin’ Solo” by Jason Derulo
- “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby Mcferrin
- “Be Good to Yourself” by Journey
- “Free to Be Me” by Francesca Battistelli
- “Let’s Dance” by Hawk Nelson
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna
- “Perfect” by Pink
- “That Don’t Impress Me Much” by Shania Twain
- “Single” by Natasha Bedingfield
- “Something ‘Bout Love” by David Archuleta
- “Barlow Girls” by Superchic[k]
- “More Beautiful You” by Johnny Diaz
- “Firework” by Katy Perry
2) Watch a funny movie. Not a romantic comedy or anything that could be remotely confused with a chick flick! You are celebrating be single, not longing for your prince charming!
3) Make some munchies. Worried that you’ll spend the evening “eating away” your loneliness? Well, who needs ice cream and chocolate when you can try try some of these perfectly healthy snacks from College Fashion (two separate links). Again, these taste better with friends 😉
4) Have slumber party! Snacks, hair and nails, chitchat, what could better remind you how well you’re loved by your chicas?
6) Help out at a homeless shelter, Salvation Army, etc. Nothing like getting your eyes off of your loneliness and loving on other people in need.
7) Bless your mom and dad and their love that has held your family together for all of these years. If you think about it, they were the first people to ever teach you what love was. Go back to this post for a cool idea that will make their day.
8) Write letters to old friends and family that you’d like to stay in touch with. When was the last time you wrote a nice, old-fashioned, hand-written letter?
9) Make yourself over. I always find that a little change of personal scenery can be a great mood upper and can provide a super boost to your self-image. Try a haircut or color. If you’re feeling less daring, just buy a nice new outfit or some new makeup. If you’re feeling more daring, try a tattoo, haha (mostly joking . . .)
10) Babysit for a young couple so that they can go out and enjoying a worry-free Valentine’s Day together. I will admit that this would be quite a sacrifice, but if anyone ever offered to do this for me I would offer to put them through college or something like that. Talk about a blessing!